The largest payoff in terms of increasing a home’s resale value is your kitchen. So, we’ve decided to fire up our blog with one of the most important topics in Home Improvement; Cost of a Kitchen Remodel.
How Much Does It Cost To Remodel A Kitchen? (According to a recent study performed by Home Advisor)
$12,552 – $33,583
According to the National Kitchen & Bath Association, kitchen remodeling costs break down as follows:
Design fees: 4%
Appliances and ventilation: 14%
Cabinetry and hardware: 29% 35
Doors and windows: 4%
Walls and ceilings: 5%
Faucets and plumbing: 4%
1. Decide how much you want to spend, and stick to it.
2. Know how the costs will break down.
3. Set aside 20 percent of your budget to handle the unexpected.
4. Make a list of your renovation priorities.
5. Know the details of how you will pay for this project.
6. Decide whether you’re going to stay in your home while renovations are taking place.
7. Factor in the cost of eating out.
8. Create a spreadsheet for your budget and check it often.
9. Do some of the small work to lower your costs.
10. Avoid extras. Don’t be tempted to deviate from your budget mid-project.